Governance services turns a pharma and biotech company’s unwieldy purchase request process into a success.
Our pharma and biotech client was struggling to manage the purchase request process for its third-party information services contracts. Lack of visibility, responsiveness and issue resolution had taken internal client satisfaction to a new low.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG Governance Services conducted a proof of concept for the purchase request process, quickly establishing areas for improvement and conducting onsite training. We trained our offshore team to take over the processing of purchase requests and used data and analytics to provide insight and monthly reporting on cycle time, volume and requestors.
Future Made Possible
- Offshore model reduced costs by 60 percent
- Response time to business requestors improved to one business day
- Governance readiness moved from 30 percent to 95 percent
- Faster purchase-requisition-to-purchase-order cycle times
- Client staff now focused on strategic initiatives and value-added activities
- Ability to respond to real-time status requests throughout the purchase request lifecycle.