A software client learns from a period of rapid growth that its sourcing strategy should accommodate future IT needs.
Our software and cloud services client had no standardized processes or procedures, due to very rapid growth and numerous acquisitions. Overall client satisfaction with internally delivered services was low, and management felt that cost for the delivery of services was too high.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG developed a sourcing strategy starting with end-user computing that would be scalable to additional areas in the future. ISG also helped with the supplier selection process, building a Request for Information that would be sent to selected suppliers.
Future Made Possible
- Identified potential savings of 15 percent year on year
- Revised scope to better fit company goals—dropped managed network services and replaced with service desk to go along with end-user computing
- Built detailed current state documents for each tower, which showed the disparity of services by region
- Initiated a detailed data-gathering exercise that resulted in a process now in place to track assets
- Built supplier engagement packages for release to selected suppliers
- Provided Request for Proposal documentation for in-scope towers.