A global healthcare, pharmaceutical organization, specializing in optics and reprography needed help finding strategic partners, executing the contracts and effectively managing the relationships.
The organization had already started the provider-selection process with an RFI, which had not yielded differentiated propositions from the long list of providers. ISG brought its tools and experience to bear in driving forward the sourcing and future operating model activities, focusing on the program office, capabilities and skills required for the future, the partner ecosystem setup, and communication and organizational change required.
Imagining IT Differently
- This transformation program was being conducted in the midst of COVID-19, so ISG was quick to establish a rhythm of governance and communications to ensure stakeholders on all sides were aware of progress and given the opportunity to review, critique and sign off deliverables. It was important that they could make decisions in a timely manner as the program progressed.
- ISG helped adapt its proven models to suit the client, tapped its market data and intelligence, and used an intensive but flexible way of working to keep the project on track.
- Over the course of six months, the client moved from readiness for sourcing to contract execution with a blueprint to deliver on the required internal change.
Future Made Possible
- The project was completed on time and budget by using a combination of ISG’s existing collateral aligned to suit the client needs, the use of ISG’s expert sourcing program office, close co-operation with the client organization and a strong commitment from senior leadership in both the technology and business units.
- Despite the difficulties related to delivery during a pandemic, the project was accomplished successfully. The client was able to make the required decisions in a timely manner, move the contractual negotiations to completion and benefit from independent guidance and market analysis.