Having failed at its first attempt with a large consulting firm, it turned to ISG seeking an independent, tool-agnostic expert with deep automation experience to advise on the target infrastructure and develop a sustainable automation capability.
It wanted to go from a failed start to being fully self-sufficient in running and managing its own automation function with a solid bedrock of functioning automations to prove out the value. ISG brought deep experience and best practices for IT & robotic process automation (RPA) development.
Imagining IT Differently
To start, ISG assessed several candidate processes. Then we advised on the suitability of each process for RPA development and the criteria for prioritization.
ISG next advised on establishing a scalable and robust IT environment and provided mentorship to the company's developers to enable their future successes.
We trained the company's team in process modelling and helped correct two previously-developed automations, bringing them up to best practice to be released as production automations.
ISG developed seven net new business processes. We added natural language processing (NLP) and optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities into the center of excellence (CoE), making it a true intelligent automation initiative.
Future Made Possible
This global asset management company built its internal capability to drive its automation initiatives forward with ISG's help. In addition to mentoring the company's developer team to empower their future success, ISG consulted on how to best establish a scalable and robust IT environment for the UiPath platform. We set the company up for success by helping it select versatile tools for its future work, and creating a rock-solid foundation for its automation practice. Additional results include:
- Created additional capacity in the team equivalent to 20 full-time employees (FTEs).
- Deployed multi-faceted tools to be utilized by the company as desired moving forward.
- Established an internal RPA development group capable of delivering the next set of automations.
- Created the processes and governance models to enable the company to scale, and deliver the work of over 50 FTEs by the end of 2020.
- 9 key processes automated for sub-assembly and conversion checks.