ISG advises an oil and gas company on implementing automated identity and access management services throughout the entire organization.
During this digital transformation, one of the company’s key focuses was the redefinition of the cybersecurity services. This focus resulted in a plan to implement the identity and access management (IAM) services.
The company had to find a suitable and trustworthy specialized service provider in the market. Of course, this provider would need to meet its requirements. In addition, the company’s corporate security demand required that the services needed to be jointly established and transformed.
Imagining IT Differently
ISG executed and drove the transformation to enable a comprehensive solution, which includes the operating model, technology requirements and business case. We also ensured security resilience by making infrastructure adjustment to the new process flow.
The company underwent a successful IAM transformation, enabling human resources (HR) data to be positioned as the golden-source for identity data.
Future Made Possible
- The company benefited from increased security in three dimensions:
- Increased confidentially: For granting and revoking permissions, all authorized persons have access 24/7.
- Increased integrity: Authorization can be audited. Likewise, the integrity of identities is protected by processing only secured identity data.
- Increased availability: Automated processes provide timely access to applications.
- It also received ISG’s help facilitating the integration of new applications.
- The company reduced its time to delivery from several days to less than an hour.