TAMUS is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a statewide network of 11 universities, seven research and extension agencies, two service units and a comprehensive health science center. TAMUS leadership recognized an urgent need to streamline management of the system-wide resources, enhance security, ensure transparency for its stakeholders, and eliminate numerous outdated and redundant systems.
Imagining IT Differently
Faced with the daunting task of acquiring and implementing a new HCM system, TAMUS reached out to ISG. ISG first advised TAMUS on the latest approach to transitioning to cloud-based systems. ISG then helped TAMUS create a plan for evaluating solutions that would fit its needs, drafted the procurement documents and guided the selection process by providing logistical, technical and issue resolution support.
Future Made Possible
- Comprehensive assessment of TAMUS’ options for a cloud-based system, including software-as-a-service (SaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS)
- System requirements and a comprehensive RFP for new software, hosting and implementation services
- Thorough RFP evaluation process that identified gaps in proposed software functionality so TAMUS could effectively plan for sufficient implementation support and change management
- Detailed demonstration scripts to test software capability
- Improved project statement of work and software subscription agreements
- Implementation plan for deploying the HCM solution with a project organization structure and estimated implementation staffing support.